1. Our privacy commitments
Webley Heating Limited (referred to in this document as “Webley Heating ”, we”, “our”, “us”), take your privacy and the security of your personal data very seriously and want to be as clear and transparent as possible about what we do with it.
This is in line with our core company values which state that we will be reliable and responsive in the way in which we deal with people and that we will treat everyone with trust and respect.
This privacy notice explains how we process your personal data. (“Processing” means everything we do with your data including when we collect, record, organise,
structure, store, use, disclose, disseminate, restrict, erase or destroy data about you).
It also explains when we might disclose your data to others, how we keep it secure and your rights regarding your data.
To fulfil our responsibilities and demonstrate compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), we are committed to the six principles of the regulation by:
- Processing your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collecting your personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Ensuring that your personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Ensuring that your personal data is accurate and,
where necessary, kept up to date
- Retaining your personal data only for as long as necessary
- Processing your personal data in an appropriate manner to maintain security
2. Information about us
The data controller is Webley Heating Limited, 9 Ripon Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH9 1QU.
Webley Heating is a family run business established in Bournemouth in 1971. The company is now run by Mark Webley and consists of a team of nine employees. We undertake many contracts in the Dorset and Hampshire areas, ranging from general household boiler servicing and repairs, domestic boiler installations to larger projects for businesses and institutions.
3. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase a product or service from us and we create an invoice.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us. For example for our service engineer to visit you or to visit you to provide you with a quote for future work.
4. What information do we collect from you?
As part of our
business we will process the data of people who fall into the following categories, whether we have had a relationship in the past or have a relationship now:
- 3rd Party Organisations we engage with such as consultants, advisers (legal and regulatory) and public bodies.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. By corresponding with us by phone, SMS (text message), email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number
Information we collect from your use of our website. Every time you visit our website we will automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, where you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
Information we collect throughout our relationship. This is information collected during meetings with our sales manager or engineers, from any purchase or sales transactions you may make with us and any warranty or service contracts we may have with you either directly or through a landlord. The information we hold may include your name, address, email address and phone number
Information we collect when you call us. If you telephone us we can collect the phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources. Other areas we receive information from include the following categories :
Providers of extended warranty services, for example, Baxi Heating Ltd and Worcester Bosch.
Housebuilders, housing associations, councils and private landlords.
The above organisations will provide personal data including, name, address, contact telephone numbers and email address.
5. Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract
- provide you with our products and services
- process payments
- make deliveries
- maintain business and service continuity
- send service communications so that we can perform our obligations to you, for example to inform you about your annual service. These may be sent by email or we may contact you by phone.
- record information to facilitate your rights under warranties or guarantees.
6. Websites and Cookies
7. How long do we keep your information?
- As a general principle we will hold your personal data only for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Once these purposes have been achieved, we will erase the data.
- If your data relates to a financial transaction, we will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you (unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required to remove such data from our records). This is to enable us to comply with our legal obligations regarding record-keeping for tax and accounting purposes.
8. Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes
set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- Third parties with whom we may share your information are listed below:
Gas Safe Register
When disclosing your data to third parties we have an obligation to ensure that we have appropriate measures in place to ensure your data is protected. We will therefore do the following:
- take steps to ensure the reliability of third parties with whom we share your personal data.
- take measures to ensure that third parties who we authorise to process your data observe confidentiality, process data only based on documented instructions from us, take appropriate security measures and delete or return all personal data at the end of the service.
- take steps to ensure only the data which is absolutely necessary for them to perform their processing is disclosed to third parties.
- take steps to ensure that your data is not made accessible to an indefinite number of persons.
- minimise the amount of personal data we disclose.
9. Confidentiality and security of your personal data
We are committed to protecting your personal information.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected.